Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking time: 35-45 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 200 g / 7 oz / 1 cup ArborW nee
- 110 ml / 4 fl. oz / 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1.21 / 2 pints 4 fl. oz / 5 cups vegetable stock, kept hot on the stove
- 2 Sticks of celery, sliced
- 1/2 small courgette (zucchini), finely diced
- 110 g / 4 oz /1 cup frozen petit pois. thawed
- a small bunch of chives, roughly chopped
- a few sprigs of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 55 g / 2 oz / 1/4 cup Parmesan, finely grated
- 4 asparagus spears, woody ends removed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heal the olive oil in a saucepan %et over a medium heat. Saute the shallots for 4-5 minutes, add the garlic and cook tor 2 minutes.
- Add the nee and coat in the oil. Cook (or 3-d minutes. Add the white wine and increase the heat to allow it to mostly evaporate.
- Add a ladle o' stock to the risotto at a time, stirring until each ladle is absorbed. Continue until ad the stock has been absorbed and the rice is tender yet still defined.
- Add the celery and courgette and cook tor 3-4 minutes. Stir through the petit pois, then add most of the chives and all the parsley and Parmesan. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Chop the asparagus, split it into quarters and blanch in a saucepan of salted, boiling water tor 30 seconds. Spoon the risotto into bowls and serve with the asparagus and chives.
by Chris Ching
With a nick name of Chris Smile because of the warm smile on her face all the time :) Believes that by empowering the public to have more information and knowledge in healthcare, we will have a better healthcare environment and experience. View all articles by Chris Ching.