Preparation time: 15-18 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- 450 g / 1 lb piece of tuna, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 2 lemons
- 175 g / 6 oz / 3/4 cup tapioca pearls, soaked in cold water overnight
- 150 g / 5 oz / 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- a small bunch of watercress
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 wooden skewers, soaked m cold water for 30 minutes beforehand
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the bod. Drain the tapioca pearls, then drop into the water
- Cook for 12-15 minutes at a steady simmer until the pearls are tender; dram wen and leave to cool. Preheat the grill to a high heal.
- Thread the tuna onto the skewers and brush each with groundnut oil and season.
- Cook under the grill for 4-6 minutes, turning occasionally, until the tuna is golden and marked ail over. Leave to rest for a few minutes.
- Halve and thinly slice one of the lemons; cut the other into thick wedges.
- Toss the tapioca with the sliced lemon, cherry tomatoes, watercress, olive oil and seasoning. Serve with the tuna kebabs and lemon wedges on the side.
by Chris Ching
With a nick name of Chris Smile because of the warm smile on her face all the time :) Believes that by empowering the public to have more information and knowledge in healthcare, we will have a better healthcare environment and experience. View all articles by Chris Ching.