Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 175 g / 6 oz / 1 cup couscous
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and diced
- 150 g / 5 oz / 1 cup cherry tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- a small bunch of mint, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the couscous in a large, heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Cover the bowl tightly with cling film and set to one side for 10-15 minutes until the couscous has absorbed all of the water.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork and stir through the olive oil, cucumber, tomato, shallot and mint.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste before spooning into bowls and serving.
by Chris Ching
With a nick name of Chris Smile because of the warm smile on her face all the time :) Believes that by empowering the public to have more information and knowledge in healthcare, we will have a better healthcare environment and experience. View all articles by Chris Ching.