Preparation time: 35-40 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 1 yellow pepper, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 350 g / 12 oz / 2 cups cooked basmati rice
- a small handful of garlic croutons
- 75 g / 3 oz / 3/4 cup frozen petit pois. thawed
- 75 g / 3 oz / 3/4 cup mangetout
- a few sprigs of coriander (cilantro)
- salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large wok set over a moderate heat until hot; add the peppers, onion and garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked rice and break It up with a spoon; stir-fry over a reduced heat for 3-4 minutes until the nee is warmed through.
- Add the garlic croutons, petit pois and mangetout and cook for a further two minute before adjusting the seasoning to taste.
- Spoon into bowls and serve with the coriander as a garnish.
by Chris Ching
With a nick name of Chris Smile because of the warm smile on her face all the time :) Believes that by empowering the public to have more information and knowledge in healthcare, we will have a better healthcare environment and experience. View all articles by Chris Ching.